Tuesday, August 20, 2013

braidy lady

My bangs are in that awkward too-long-to-leave-alone, too-short-to-go-in-a-ponytail stage.  Braids have been my friend for a while now because they hold my bangs back with minimal effort.  Leaving my hair down with the bang braids is pretty casual, so for my friend Chelsea's rehearsal dinner, I messed around with it until I had a pretty, messy, twisty fishtail going on that looked really good with my bangs braided back.
Here's how:

1. Gather your hair into a side ponytail and secure with an elastic.  Make a hole by dividing your hair into two parts between where it is secured with the elastic and your head, take the rest of your ponytail, and stuff it all the way through so that there's a twist at the top of the ponytail.




2. Fishtail the remaining hair in your ponytail.  I've tried to explain fishtailing as well as I can here.  The only difference is we aren't doing a fishtail french, so just divide your hair in two sections, take a piece from the back of one section and add it to the other, and then do the same on the other side all the way down.




Once you get the hang of it, it's super simple!

3. Add some volume by taking your hands and pushing your hair up at the roots.  Add some dry shampoo for extra grit, depending on how messy you want the end result to be.


4. Take one side of your bangs, braid, tuck the ends into your hair and pin. Do the same on the other side, and you're done!




I've worn this style tons of times because its easy and can be dressy or casual.  It's also great when your hair is dirty!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving a comment! :)

 
This site is designed by Snicklefritz Design Company